cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

(ANSWERED) advancing an older version of a part

JohnMattson
1-Newbie

(ANSWERED) advancing an older version of a part

Thanks to everyone for the answers.

There were three answers given…

· The first was to delete the latest version (the one you didn’t want any more). Very simple, but sometimes not possible.

· The next was to set the preference that allows you to checkout non-latest versions. This is a Product/Library level preference and can be found at “Create and Edit -> Allow checkout of non-latest iterations”.

· The third was to do an Update in your workspace on the older version of the object, but when it asks you if you want to replace the object currently in your workspace, select “No”. At this point PDMLink thinks that the object in your workspace is the latest version, but the CAD file itself is still the older version. Now you can go ahead and do a checkout and checkin.

Thanks again!
John

On Jan 3, 2012, at 10:21 AM, John Mattson <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:
In Windchill (via Creo Elements/Pro 5.0), say I have versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 of a part. I dislike the changes that were made in version 1.3 of the part, and would like to go back to 1.2 and then move forward with it to version 1.4. I can get 1.2 into my workspace, but I don’t know how to advance it to 1.4. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, John

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags