cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Activities for a time study

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Activities for a time study

Our IT dept is transitioning all our servers to the cloud and is asking for a time study.

They would like to know how much time certain activities take on what we are currently running then what it is on the cloud servers.

I have put together a short list of some tasks and have listed them here.  But I was wondering if anyone could share some other tasks that might help with this or if you have comments about my list.

Searching

Adding larger files to a workspace

Running a larger report in the Report Manager

Picking a folder in PDMLink with a large number of files that show a large number of attributes.

3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:STEVEG)

We've had Windchill servers (including Win 10 CAD Workers) on Amazon for about 1 1/2 years now. 

In general all working well.  But - Some extreme areas of slowness at times, generally not involving file transfers.  Likely other things going on for this.

Can give more detail if you like.

Absolutely.  I am definitely interested in those areas of slowness besides file transfer.  I wasn't even thinking about that but I guess something like changing the view to show all attributes would do the trick.

Top Tags