cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Auto Routing in Windchill Projectlink

arunraj_aespl
6-Contributor

Auto Routing in Windchill Projectlink

Dear All,

Currently we have Windchill Projectlink which is implemented to manage the Project across the Cross Functional teams. I have populated all the activities and RACI has been done and now we have it running in a perfect condition

My concern is:

1. For every document being uploaded and added as deliverables (documents are essentially, word, excel, igs, pdf and ppt and not other data), we have to route it manually for approval or release.

Is there any possible way to get it done automatically for the documents uploaded in Projectlink.

Reason for asking:

Sometimes the users upload the document and set the track work to 100% before getting it to approval stage. Also I would like to ask, if an activity is set as complete, but as an admin I know it is not. Is it possible to revert it back and make users to rework on it.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No really elegant way that I can think of but here is a suggestion:

Use a different lifecycle template and select advanced.  Tie a workflow to it.  On document creation, the workflow starts. Send the first task to the document creator - they just complete that task to start the routing.  Can do various things about setting up the route in that task - or route using some defaults if uniform enough.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

No really elegant way that I can think of but here is a suggestion:

Use a different lifecycle template and select advanced.  Tie a workflow to it.  On document creation, the workflow starts. Send the first task to the document creator - they just complete that task to start the routing.  Can do various things about setting up the route in that task - or route using some defaults if uniform enough.

Thank you so much Mike for your suggestion.

Right now started configuring a different lifecycle template. Will update once I get the result

Top Tags