cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Batch Printing

NR_9770144
12-Amethyst

Batch Printing

I'm trying to get batch printing set up.  My preference screen looks like below

NR_9770144_0-1615388152540.png

What the help window shows is the added batch print option.

NR_9770144_1-1615388190610.png

Does anyone know how to use this.  I've gotten the feeling PTC is pretty useless and my last meeting with them was a waste of time.  

3 REPLIES 3

Did you have a Support case opened for this inquiry previously, or was it another unrelated case?

Windchill Print Services is a separately purchasable Windchill option - is it possible that you don't have this, or aren't licensed for it?  Because then the preference would not be there.

Online help topic for Windchill Print Services:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.1.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWVSPrintMgmtIntro.html

Knowledge article on same topic:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS39963

I'd suggest opening a Support case for this, as we do have a Support team, that specializes in the Visualization/Windchill Print side of things (I'm not part of that team), which should be able to answer this for you.

Mike

The previous inquiry was just through our reseller or whatever PTC calls them.  

Honestly how well does the windchill print services work?  I see a number of complaints and I've lost all faith in getting support.  

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:NR_9770144)

Not sure how well batch printing from PTC actually works, but it is very, very expensive.  It is priced for large organizations, not small to medium sized businesses.  We use iPrint from TechSoft instead and have been pretty happy with it.  Generally 3rd party solution providers for add-ons like this are going to more cost effective and much more responsive to customers needs than PTC will be.

Top Tags