cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CAD File Publishing

Luar
1-Newbie

CAD File Publishing

Hi all,

I Installed and registered the cad software (Autodesk2014) in workgroup manager. I upload a file but I have some problem publishing it.

1.png

This is when I click on the visualization.

2.jpg

Why my creo view is disabled?

3.jpg

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

PTC CS156542

• If .DWG files are checked in using WGM for AutoCAd, no worker is required to publish them
  • Creo View can open such DWG files natively

PTC CS36856

To automatically generate representation for the pre-converted files (such as DWG)

1. Add following properties to wvs.properties (for Windchill 10.2):

• Use the xconfmanager command in a Windchill Shell, for example:

xconfmanager -t "codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties" -s "worker..DWG=DUMMY,preconverted=true" -p

2. Clear the Tomcat and Info*engine cache.

- Tomcat cache at <Windchill_Home>\tomcat\instances

- Info*engine cache at <Windchill_Home>\tasks\codebase\com\infoengine\compiledTasks

3. Restart Windchill MethodServer .

Hi Vitaliy,

Yes, But thats my problem now, Publish is not working after I checked in using WGM. As u can see on my screen shot. I dont know what is wrong.

1. xconfmanager -t "codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties" -s "publish.service.verbose=true" -p

2. restart Windchill Method

3. Rebublish same Acad file

4. Show %WT_HOME%/logs/Method*.log

Hi Vitaliy,

I run the command in windchill shell and restart the server but still publishing is not working

Untitled.jpg

Please see that attached fle for the server log.

Thank you!

Hi Luar.

In Method log:

>> ERROR Deadlock is detected on the wt.fv.FvMountValidatorLock object in the database.

It Bad for Windchill . This is mean same problems with your Vault system and Database. All your loaded data to WindChill may be lose.

If this post Creo Publishing Issue work in this Windchill server, my solution not help.

You mast fist resolve this error.

Top Tags