Actually, its a love/hate relationship, more hate. Well, they did it to me again. Upgrade changes things (flexible changes) but leaves you in a state where objects before the upgrade return in reports but nothing after. In this case, the addressedBy link was deprecated but the data was not moved. "You moved the cemetery, but you left the bodies, didn't you?" Yep. This means any report that had joined the two only sees pairs created before the upgrade (in my case 10.2 to 11.1). The new link is ChangeProcessLink but for some reason, I had to two step it to get results to show. I was able to get this join model to work but you need to use outer joins pointing toward the change request. This will return either links from AddressedBy or ChangeProcessLink in a single report. Between you, me and the poltergeist, I am shocked it worked.
That's interesting in your query solution. I haven't tried that yet. We did the same upgrade path you mentioned and ended up:
1) Using a migrator provided by PTC to migrate the AddressedBy links to the new ChangeProcessLink. The catch was that the process has to be completed/resolved and not in-flight.
2) To deal with the CR/CN that were still in-process we ended up having to duplicate our reports, one to return legacy results (pre-upgrade) maintaining the AddressedBy join and one for post-upgrade using the ChangeProcessLink. I'll have to review our join model and see if your solution can help us get back to a single report.
Well, not so fast. Kudos to an astute colleague of mine. Reading CS227892 it would indicate that it might not work. Early tests did not try to display the CR data which later testing reveals as blank. Thanks for the extra effort there PTC. Can you send info on that migrator?
"Creating one report to display both Legacy Change Associations and Flexible Change Associations is not supported using the Query Builder UI"
Well, easy solution is to create a Union report. I know how to do those.
And another tidbit. Now that I am forced to use a Union report, you can no longer edit the report in the UI which means you cannot control the output or expose as a report. My goal was to have this retrieved by Excel as a web connection. In order to do this, output needs to be Legacy style but you cannot put in the parameters to do this. CS162869 documents the way to do it in 11.0+ with the custom input page JSP. So, here is where we need to drop to the DB table for the report template. Edit the input page column and paste in "wtcore/jsp/report/reportGenForm.jsp". Works now.
I will look into this mixed mode. thanks.