cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can any one help how to manage quantity in options and variants

Nanmar
11-Garnet

Can any one help how to manage quantity in options and variants

Hi,

I'm working with engine to make it as a configurable product, for ex. I'm having 12 cylinder and 16 cylinder crankcase, for those two crankcase if i want to a assemble a cylinder liner with quantity how can i manage.

Will this be assembled automatically based on QTY??

6 REPLIES 6
Jason27
12-Amethyst
(To:Nanmar)

this is not assembled automatically based on QTY. do some necessary manual work.

Nanmar
11-Garnet
(To:Jason27)

Thanks for your support Mr.Jason.

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:Nanmar)

There are several ways to handle this depending upon your configurable strategy

1) If you are using Options and Variants you can assign Expressions to Occurrences so that you can vary the quantity of these for the variant solution

2) If you are using Advanced Logic you can use Parameters to drive the quantity for variant solution as well

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your message and can you please state me a small example with above senario

that you have mentioned..like the basic steps to handle. 

Here I'm having 12 and 16 cyl crankcase and the Cyl liner has to be assembled based on qty.

On creo side is it enough that i can assemble only one instance of liner and can i get that assemble based on qty

if i configure with logic and expressions...

bre
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:JeffZemsky)

Hi Jeff

I also have the problem that I want to control the quantity in Options and Variants.

Can you give me an example of how to build the expressions so that I get the quantity in the variant solution. As you described in point 1.

Thanks for your help
Greetings
René

ppnijhuis
4-Participant
(To:JeffZemsky)

Hi @JeffZemsky,

Do you perhaps have a simple example of  how to setup  "Advanced Logic you can use Parameters to drive the quantity for variant solution as well" ?

Would be great!

Top Tags