cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Can't Install Windchill using SQL Server 2008 R2

VINO
4-Participant

Can't Install Windchill using SQL Server 2008 R2

Hi,

I am trying to install windchill 10.1 M020 with MS Sql Server2008 R2 as a Database.I have successfully installed ms sqlserver 2008 r2 with named instance.Then while Installing the Windchill using psi Solution Installer I'm getting the error.

I have added the screen shots of my psi installer and the error dialog box.I have added the hostname,Instance name,Port number correctly I hope.And I'm not sure about the SQL Server DNS Registered Host Name so I have tried with the server name with instance name,my system name anyway it giving the same error.Also I have checked my sql server also It is working fine.I really don't know what the problem is.Please find the attachment and any help will be useful for me.

The following is my error

Failed to connect to the database. Please check the login credentials (Hostname, Instance name, Port number and User connection information).

*SQL Server DNS Registered Host Name:

Installed SQL Server Instance Name (Named Instance only):

*TCP Port Number for SQL Server Instance:

*Password for User sa:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VINO
4-Participant
(To:lmartin)

After tried with everything in hostname I finally solved that issue..When we install SQL with named instance it won't automatically listen to the port 1433.So we need to change the port to default 1433 port and we need to restart the services.Changing the port number can be done by start->all programs->sqlserver 2008 r2-->configuration tools->sqlserver configuration..In that we have to change..Problem fixed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lmartin
1-Newbie
(To:VINO)

Hello,

maybe you have an error in the configuration of : "SQL Server DNS Registred Host Name" --> try with GTO25 only

Regards

Laurent

VINO
4-Participant
(To:lmartin)

After tried with everything in hostname I finally solved that issue..When we install SQL with named instance it won't automatically listen to the port 1433.So we need to change the port to default 1433 port and we need to restart the services.Changing the port number can be done by start->all programs->sqlserver 2008 r2-->configuration tools->sqlserver configuration..In that we have to change..Problem fixed.

Top Tags