cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can we use WBM Extraction utility in WC to other PLM System Migration

NP_10570407
9-Granite

Can we use WBM Extraction utility in WC to other PLM System Migration

Can we use WBM Extractor to extract data(CAD, parts,Documents) from Windchill system--> put the data into WBM Staging DB--> Export Staging table's data in CSV format--> Load the CSV data into either TeamCenter or 3DExperience. Is this scenario possible?

If not  what options are available to extract data from Windchill and migrate into other major PLM systems like Teamcenter or 3DExperience or AutoDesk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NP_10570407 

In my opinion you can use the WBM to extract the data from your system. Then it is up to you what you will do with the data. So yes you can use it. 

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong 

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @NP_10570407 

In my opinion you can use the WBM to extract the data from your system. Then it is up to you what you will do with the data. So yes you can use it. 

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong 

PetrH

Thanks for the update @HelesicPetr 

Yes, it seems possible to extract the metadata and stage it on the WBM staging DB tables. I have verified.

The only challenge I am facing right now is to extract file content from vault locations. 

Top Tags