cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Change Management in Windchil 11.2

Paul_Holden
3-Visitor

Change Management in Windchil 11.2

Is it possible to Create 1 ECN  that refers to or encapsulates many ECRs raised on the same item.

I have several ECRs raised on the same document.

Currently 1 submission / approval of ECR creates 1 "Create Change Notice"  task in our Windchill 11.2 system.

So I get a new document revision for each change request/ change Notice.

I only want to have one revised version of the document  for the multiple change requests.

How do I do this???

5 REPLIES 5

You can add as many CR's to a CN as you want.  I think it's available out of the box.  You just add another CR to the CN on the fourth page of the CN.  There are preferences to allow many CR's to many CN's.

Thanks I will try that .
Paul

Here are the preferences relating to Change Management that SteveG was mentioning.  You can tailor them, to allow for many to many, but I'm not sure that is what Paul is looking for...sounds like he's good with the out of the box preferences instead.  But anyway, these prefs will allow you some tailoring of this.

Change Management prefs.jpg

Thank you all so much for your help. I will experiment with these prefs.
I am not exactly sure what some of them mean.
The reason for the question is that I have several members of a dispersed team generating change requests to the same Windchill item (at slightly different times) - actually a large ms word document . They are all good changes that need to be made following some reviews. Every time we approve one of the ECRs, WC automically creates a Change Notice which needs an implementation plan. The affected item is the same of course, so each Change Notice “Revises” the issue in WC - so we go up a version for each ECN/ECR. I want to have one ECN and up-issue the item in WC once to cover all the different ECRs
Paul Holden

There should also be a preference to turn off auto-ECN creation.

Top Tags