cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Closing out Change Task workflow when Change Notice is Released and its workflow completes

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Closing out Change Task workflow when Change Notice is Released and its workflow completes

I added a task out change task that is shall we say a good idea but not critical to the overall execution of the release. I notice that the these tasks are still running long after the change notice workflows are complete. I can manually go in and close them out since at this point, their need is no longer required. What is the best way to automate this?

I was thinking of adding a sync task that would spin up in parallel and when the change notice hits released state, close out this task. If the task closes first, it would close out the sync task and there by complete the workflow. Is this the only way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @avillanueva 

In my opinion your solution with the synch robot is the best one.

Another way would be to set deadline for the task and just set mark complete after deadline.  I know it is not ideal but it would work.

HelesicPetr_0-1671008730828.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @avillanueva 

In my opinion your solution with the synch robot is the best one.

Another way would be to set deadline for the task and just set mark complete after deadline.  I know it is not ideal but it would work.

HelesicPetr_0-1671008730828.png

PetrH

Top Tags