cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Configuring Security Labels

DKWc
13-Aquamarine

Configuring Security Labels

Hi All,

Any one how could share the steps for configuring security labels.

The help steps make you go crazy with required & optional.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

D

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DKWc)

I hope you are doing it on a test server and not your production system. Security labels requires modification to the base Windchill code and a single typo can prevent Windchill from starting. At least that is the way it was with 9.1, so maybe it has changed over the years. 

DKWc
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

Yes trying it on a Test Server for WC 12.0.2

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I am going through this now. @DKWc  how far did you get? I've had them for a while but now playing with new fields and agreements.

DKWc
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

Hi @avillanueva ,

Thanks for asking.

Enabling the security option is achieved.

Configuring the different types of labels is still a no go. Referred the guide however but confused.

Any doc with steps would a great help.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Agree with @BenLoosli , it took a few commits to get this write and each typo I had caused method server not to start. This was on Dev server so no worries. Error messages were very clear where do go find the issue. These files are highly coupled. Lots of files to edit and you need to ensure they all match the values. 

DKWc
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks

rleir
17-Peridot

Yes, the help pages are inadequate. 

• I assume you are using wtCustom and wtSafeArea directory trees. Also git or some other source code control.
  • Keep it simple as you are starting. Get the basics working first
  • A test plan is recommended. SL dialogs appear in many Windchill windows. Do more testing, you may be surprised what you see
  • Change one thing at a time
  • Some steps use xconfigmanager commands, so you can't just depend on your git versions of XML files. We use a wiki to keep track of our config
  • Good luck
Top Tags