cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Create Report For Release of Parts

TRun222
5-Regular Member

Create Report For Release of Parts

I am looking for a way within Windchill's functionality to generate a report template to display what parts in the system were set to "Released" within a specific year.  Is this possible or has anyone had a similar idea?  I am a new system administrator looking for a little bit of guidance.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TRun222)

Please see attached Word doc w/a report that returns what seems to be desired.

Can add other criteria as needed (e.g. last Rev only, certain time period when Released, etc.).

The same / test data includes a variety of situations.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

If you are looking for the date the lifecycle state was change not the last modified data of items in Released state, you'll need to use the Query Builder and join to Lifecycle history to Parts:

avillanueva_0-1665168899223.png

avillanueva_1-1665168912547.png

You can look for when the Action on the history equals "Enter_Phase" and report on the created date of the history object as your bound for "this year". note that you might get multiple entries if item was released and re-released.

TRun222
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

I see, the change request and life cycle tables are the important tables to have.  On the next tab, "Select or Contrain", I'm going to want Life cycle, name, and date... still learning how the flow works with this report builder. 

Working with query builder reports is not super easy.
Many among us have learned on our own by spending a lot of time on it.

To help community users understand something about how reports work, a few years ago I created this document:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Tips/Resource-for-reporting/ta-p/817824

You can also use this article from PTC Support, where a lot of articles with ready-to-use reports are collected
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs328887

As a starting point instead you can look at this page:
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/wnc-reporting-landing

Marco
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Query Builder is very much like SQL queries. If you know how to write them or have someone who can help, that is step one though there are some limitations with Query Builder that frustrate me. I can do it in SQL but not with UI. My screen shot was an example from something I had. You can use Part in your case and not Change Request. The important thing is the date you are looking for is in Lifecycle History.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Please see attached Word doc w/a report that returns what seems to be desired.

Can add other criteria as needed (e.g. last Rev only, certain time period when Released, etc.).

The same / test data includes a variety of situations.

Top Tags