cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo View Lite 8.1 does not auto-rotate prints

berny2U
12-Amethyst

Creo View Lite 8.1 does not auto-rotate prints

We have the case where a vertical pdf (portrait) is always printed horizontal (landscape). We have the printer settings to automatically rotate and scale but this does not help. With a previous version of Creo View Lite this did not happen, only with Creo View Lite 8.1.
I cleared cache but this does not help.
Only when the user looks at the orientation and set this properly, then the print is okay.
He uses the clipboard to print long drawing batches and so it is extra work to always check and set this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
berny2U
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

Hi
I placed a call with PTC and they kind of found a fault in an xml confguration file, but the resolution seems to take forever.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:berny2U)

@berny2U 

Since you mentioned this happens with PDFs, maybe it's related to the new native viewer feature that came in at 7.1 I think.

I know it also caused issues with markup and annotations, find (CRTL+F) and even basic stuff like copy/paste.

Perhaps you could try un-ticking that feature?

use native pdf viewer.png

berny2U
12-Amethyst
(To:rhart)

When I tick it off, I do not get any output, no more printing. Apparently it needs this setting. Any other educated guesses ?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:berny2U)

You may have only two options.

1. Stay with 8.1 which means you will have to put up with the issue.

2. Go back to the previous version.

Have you tried ver 7.0 or was that the version you were on before upgrading?

Have you also tried contacting PTC support?

berny2U
12-Amethyst
(To:STEVEG)

Hi
I placed a call with PTC and they kind of found a fault in an xml confguration file, but the resolution seems to take forever.

Top Tags