cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo parametric long to open when workspace filled with a lot of part/assy

Vermont_95
12-Amethyst

Creo parametric long to open when workspace filled with a lot of part/assy

Good morning

we face a problem today in our compagny,   we are working on big machines (between 4000 and 8000 items)

during the day people open different simplified representations, and sometime  at the end, their workspace is filled with 4000 items

they don't want to erase items from their workspace to avoid to reload everything from Windchill

our comfiguration is one Master Server 1000 km from us and a replica hier on site, with a synchronisation of data every night.

We are in Creo P4 M90 + Windchill10.2  M30 cps25

when we close and start again Creo (parametric4) , the "synchronisation" take between 5 to 8 minutes

I mean by "synchronisation" the time between the Windchill login and the acces to the workspace in Creo

I suppose that this is a "synchronisation" problem because with 100 part in a workspace , Creo open in 15 secondes!

my question is  : what Can I do for that? ptc ticket?, check some setting in Config.pro/sup?

our network speed is as fast as possible (according to IT)

I am wondering if someone had also this problem and is there a solution?

thanks

Regards

Vero

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vero,

I'd definitely suggest opening a Creo support case as there could be many factors, causing this.  It does sound like the number of workspace items could be a factor, and perhaps there are some workspace "best-practices" they can recommend, but they should be able to also look at the performance of those operations, to see if something else is contributing to the slowness.

There may have been some improvements in subsequent versions as well, to help with this.

Best Practices Regarding Windchill Workspace Management

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS114668

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Vero,

I'd definitely suggest opening a Creo support case as there could be many factors, causing this.  It does sound like the number of workspace items could be a factor, and perhaps there are some workspace "best-practices" they can recommend, but they should be able to also look at the performance of those operations, to see if something else is contributing to the slowness.

There may have been some improvements in subsequent versions as well, to help with this.

Best Practices Regarding Windchill Workspace Management

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS114668

Top Tags