cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Customer Part Numbers

cschmid
12-Amethyst

Customer Part Numbers

I have parts saved in Windchill and I have a parameter that stores the customer's part number.  However, sometimes there are cases where the same part is used for many different Customers.   Is there a good way to associate a list of customers who use the part and the given part number that they have assigned our part?  There is something similar with Supplier Part Management.  Is this a good option?  Set up the customer as a supplier?

After I do this is there any way to create a query of this data so that I could retrieve a list of customers and their corresponding part number for a single part?

1 REPLY 1

Hi

I thing the answer to your question will depend on the complete usecase. You have expressed only the need to tag a part with it's customers but you haven't said anything about how this information is used in your full process. There are many options I see that can be used here :

- Multivalued attribute (this can be done using type manager)

- Option assigned to parts

- Configurable links

- Effectivity by context (Each customer is an effectivity context)

I can elaborate more on each option, but in summary it'll depends if you need more details related to your customer, if you need to search by customer and if you need to filter your product by customer.

Regards

Kamal

kamal@pasi-consulting.com

Top Tags