cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Default File Path for Document download (request for best practice)

HugoHermans
9-Granite

Default File Path for Document download (request for best practice)

Hi,

Is there a best practice on the Default File Path for downloading and uploading content for WTdocuments?

This is a setting in the preference manager > attachments > Default File Path. But the specific setting is stored together with the content in the individual WTdocument. And this is troublesome.

Suppose the setting of the content I want to download is not accessible for me (it's a network path with a drive mapping unknown for me), the document will be downloaded to a IE temporary folder.

Suppose the setting of the content I want to download, is accessible, but is irrelevant (it's a personal working folder of a colleague), I'm polluting someone elses folders.

A work around is to define (on org level, for everyone) a local folder, this will not be backed up, but worse, when the user uses a thin client accessing a terminal server as an alternative, he will have problems accessing his local files.

Thanks for your input, Hugo.

<< ProE WF3 M1230 - PDMLink9.1 M050>>

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags