cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Delete Version B after rejected promotion?

RocketMan
1-Newbie

Delete Version B after rejected promotion?

Scenario: while working with the CAD part, a version B was created when it should have remained version A (still novice at this). However, that .prt file was part of 2 promotion requests (both rejected so the WT part and all of its dependents are still "in work") and now when I try to delete version B of the CAD part, I get the error that it's part of a promotion request baseline. I've gone to the actual baseline and removed version B from that, but that doesn't seem to have helped. It appears that the fact that it's in the promotion request history is the issue, however I don't see any way of deleting old promotion requests in the history that have already been rejected. I've tried renaming the CAD part in the hopes that a new name would break the association with the baseline promotion history, but that didn't get me any further.

My question is: what is the best way to delete version B so I can get back to A? Is it possible at all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

You do in fact have to delete all the promotion requests associated with Rev B (not just the baseline created automatically with each promotion request). No other way to delete Rev B iterations.

Mike, thanks so much for confirming. Unfortunately this is complicated a bit by the fact that those promotion requests have since been rejected. Thus, I'm having difficulty navigating to the place where rejected requests "go to rest" so to speak. I would have thought I could find it in the part history but nothing seems to show up regarding promotion requests. Is there a way to pull up old promotion requests that have been rejected already?

Thanks again!

The request itself does not change location when it's state changes. Navigate from the product data to the request via the History tab, Version History table - there is a link there to the Request under "Authorization" column.

Thanks Mike, that's a huge help!

Top Tags