cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Document created using the template and download the Primary content doesn't has the updated values

NG_9451104
7-Bedrock

Document created using the template and download the Primary content doesn't has the updated values

Hi,

we have mapped the Windchill attributes in the document template like the Name and Number.

And we've created a document using the template,

If we download the created document in DTI format the documents show the new number and name (not a value of template) this is correct.

If we download the document in word format the values in the created document are the same as the template number and name this is not correct.

Please help us if there is any suggesstion.  

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @NG_9451104 

This is general behavior because the values are updated by DTI in a word .

My suggestion is to change download behavior to a DTI(Windchill Desktop Integration) and force users to use the DTI all the time. (lock download mechanism preference) on site/org level

If you need actual values you have to use the DTI to download actual file to local disk. 

Then you can share the document with correct values.

I don't know better way.

Hope this can help.

PetrH

Hi PetrH,

Thanks for the suggestion, we have a concern to use DTI by all the users because some users are external users and they need to store this document on their local. that time the value is not updating that a concern.

and If the use of the DTI means they need to save the DTI format it is difficult to find the format type (docx, ppt, xlsx) like this.

Thanks

Naveen Infant George

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:NG_9451104)

Hi Naveen,

I was testing for a somewhat similar use case, you could try the following:

- create Word doc with DTI "New document from Template": this 'feeds' your document with ID number & other attributes from Windchill you possibly have

- save a local copy of this as docx: attribute values (number etc.) should persist in Properties

- deliver this local file to externals for editing, they can do this without DTI

- externals send you the file after editing, upload this with "Replace Content" in the Actions-menu of the originally created document object.

- download with DTI and check attributes updating again.

I tested with a user who never has had DTI installed, seemed to work.

NG_9451104
7-Bedrock
(To:HJ1)

Hi,

Sure, let me check this and let you know.

Top Tags