cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Download Attachment from BOM

Anand_G
4-Participant

Download Attachment from BOM

We have a BOM where all the child parts has attachment to them. Would like to download all the child parts attachment, is there any ways to download them instead of navigating to individual attachment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_G
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

How to create a customization? can you help me here. do we need any specific access to do this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Anand_G)

Hi @Anand_G 

I know only customization way. 

Create customization that collects all files from bom and

pack it to zip and

send the zip to client. 

PetrH

Anand_G
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

How to create a customization? can you help me here. do we need any specific access to do this.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

HI @Anand_G 

Here I've mentioned what to study to customize Windchill. There are many other resources that can be found on the PTC Knowledge base

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Multi-Level-Where-Used-Report/m-p/868075/highlight/true#M71091

PetrH

d_graham
17-Peridot

@Anand_G 

I’ve written several download tools that do something very similar to want you are looking for.

Im not going to just give them away but if this is important enough let me know and I can get you a tool that would download either to a folder or as a zip file to the user to “Save” wherever they choose. 👍

Send me a private message with your work email address  if you want this issue resolved. I always reply promptly to requests.

David

mmeadows-3
14-Alexandrite

FYI: FELCO Solutions offers an off-the-shelf app called "Download Content".
https://www.felcosolutions.com/downloadcontentmanager
It supports downloading attachments, representations, and more from any collection of objects: BOM structures, baselines, search results, change notices, etc.

You could use a query builder report.

See these articles if could help you

Report listing WTDocuments with links to download primary and secondary content

File downloads from CAD Attachments

Marco

@Marco_Tosin 

This will not get the job done.

The only way to pull this off is with a custom tool. And to write such a tool one needs the knowledge to write code. Other than that there’s no OOTB way to do this. There just isn’t 🤷‍♂️

Top Tags