cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

EPMdoc/WTpart and Problem Report

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

EPMdoc/WTpart and Problem Report

Is it possible to create a report that would search EPMdocs or WTparts for related Problem Reports and return a list of objects that have more than say 3 PR associated to it?  We do not have Cognos here and there are no plans to implement.  Our service department fills out PR and sometimes we don't see that a part has more than one PR attached....one PR may not be a problem that needs a CR, but three over the course of a month or year definitely needs engineering to look at it.  I need an automatic way of searching this information.

1 REPLY 1
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:GregOlson)

It should be possible to do.  You may need to make one report for EPMDoc object type and another for WTPart, but essentially if you use the AffectedObject association, then you can pull The EPMDoc/WTPart number as a field and also use the "count" group by on that same field, then sort by highest to lowest in count.

Not sure if you can tell the QB report to only print a record if count is 3 or higher - SHOULD be able to do that in the criteria section.

My company also has some extended reporting capabilities that go beyond the functionalities of Windchill QB, which COULD satisfy this specific request as it is more of a direct to DB query that can utilize more SQL language.  Feel free to reach out to me at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com or check out or website at www.eccellent.com if you are interested.

Announcements

Top Tags