cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ESI Tibco connector

FM_10646135
4-Participant

ESI Tibco connector

Hi, I'm interested in the standard ESI Tibco connector. For a customer of us we need to integrate SAP R3 v RC6 and Windchill on-prem 12.0. Does ESI works with a quite old version of SAP ? What are the licensing costs to face? Are the costs to be paid to SAP?

Thanks for your kind feedback,

Francesco

------

This topic was initially posted here.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:FM_10646135)

I believe the list is somewhere between $50k-60k/yr for subscription list. The ERP Connector is free. You get the same XML output but you will have to consume in a custom ABAPI transaction in SAP. You also lose the bi-directional confirmation of successful transfer to SAP.  With Tibco, its just configuration. I do not know of any costs to SAP but I do not think there is anything since you are using standard interfaces.  

I think the SAP version will be an issue. I do not see that listed in the software matrix. I checked 10.2 and it was not listed there either. If it does not work, you might need to roll your own interface.

More Info:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/esi_users/ESIIntroSAP.html#

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:FM_10646135)

I believe the list is somewhere between $50k-60k/yr for subscription list. The ERP Connector is free. You get the same XML output but you will have to consume in a custom ABAPI transaction in SAP. You also lose the bi-directional confirmation of successful transfer to SAP.  With Tibco, its just configuration. I do not know of any costs to SAP but I do not think there is anything since you are using standard interfaces.  

I think the SAP version will be an issue. I do not see that listed in the software matrix. I checked 10.2 and it was not listed there either. If it does not work, you might need to roll your own interface.

More Info:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/esi_users/ESIIntroSAP.html#

Announcements

Top Tags