cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

For a Windchill object, can the Members area be restricted from editing?

RFS
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

For a Windchill object, can the Members area be restricted from editing?

In our EDR change task workflow, there is a setup participants task where someone picks a review team and that team is properly restricted to those who can see the context.  But sometimes our users go to the Members list and add users directly to the review team role.  Adding on the Members is not restricted in the same way as the workflow and they could add someone they should not have been able to choose (the unsecure person could not see any details of the EDR or its objects, but they did get the task and could blindly approve it).

Can the Members area be view-only?  Is there a permission to restrict it?  I setup a read-only user such that they can't edit a certain document but can still modify the Members list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:RFS)

Just to be clear, are you referring to the members section of the context or specifically with members table of the change object? 

I think this article addresses your question:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS271109?source=search

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RFS
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

Has anyone else had this problem?  It's happened again to our company... not a huge issue, but an annoyance.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Just to be clear, are you referring to the members section of the context or specifically with members table of the change object? 

I think this article addresses your question:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS271109?source=search

RFS
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:avillanueva)

I have not had the chance to experiment with the work-around mentioned in the article but it does seem promising.  For now I am accepting your message as a solution.

Top Tags