cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to add attributes to the offline viewer in the Package zip?

psethia
1-Newbie

How to add attributes to the offline viewer in the Package zip?

I want to add quantity attribute to the html view. Is there any validator which disables such attributes? Can I achieve this through any configuration changes?

5 REPLIES 5
kdehal
1-Newbie
(To:psethia)

I tried to find the same functionality, but I couldn't find any configurable way to add attributes to the interactive html page.

I believe it would be a customization, but I'd love to know if someone has found a good way to do this.

‌quantity lives on the "uses" relation between two parts in structure view. It's not an attribute on any individual part.

So from memory (I haven't got a package here right now to check) if you have built a BOM and switch to structure view on the top part isn't Quantity visible?

Jorn,

I agree Quantity is visible on the PS view. But here I want it to be added in the Package html view, which is very different from how we have in PS. The data we have on package is in reference to the content we add to it. And once the zip for the package is created for delivery, it contains all static data.

So based on the object type, in my case if its a BOM, I want to add the quantity to be part of that static data.

Regards

Prashant

Oh, I was talking about the contents of a package (the downloaded offline ZIP). And I just checked with the "PS Structure" view in there ... it in fact doesn't contain the Quantity:

index.html - Google Chrome.jpg

Very disappointing! We shouldn't have to customize to get that.

Please file this as an idea/enhancement request and you'll at least get one other vote on it (mine 🙂

‌turns out related to this there is this CS article: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS48421&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=Package%20customize&source=search

which in turn points to this idea/enhancement request: Improve Windchill Packages

THis CS mention some sample code for customizing Packages: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS150781

Top Tags