cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to create a recipe overlay

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

How to create a recipe overlay

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: creating recipe overlays so that different 3dpdf templates can be used when publishing CATIA product and parts

Description:

I have read the help documents on recipe overlays and understand the mechanism to invoke them in the publishing rules, but theres no instructions on how to create an overlay, is it just a recipe file with only additional or changes recipe options you want that then gets appended to the original recipe, or does it replace the original recipe and therefore should contain all the options in the original recipe?

6 REPLIES 6

I think you are talking about watermarks. This should help you get started:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS57692?source=search

Im not sure why this has been accepted as solution, I wasnt asking about watermarks.

I wanted to change the recipe the CAD worker uses dependant on conditions in the publish rules, so we can have different published result for catpart and catproduct etc.

I managed to do this using an overlay recipe file uploaded to the Vizualisation Configuration Administration UI, then adding the following to the publishing rules:

overlay-recipe-file="product_3dpdf_only.rcp"

The confusing part in the documentation was whether the overlap rcp file should contain only the changes to the recipe or a complete recipe, in the end I put the complete recipe into the UI and it is succesfully overlaid by the worker depending on the rules evaulation.

We needed to do this in order to use a different 3D pdf template for catpart and catproducts without having to create 2 workers as that would require 2 CATIA licenses and 2 Theorem licenses.

So your problem has been solved but what is wrong, in your opinion, is what is written in the PTC documentation.

If the above is true, what you can do is open a case to support with a request to update the documentation.

Marco

the documentation just says "create a recipe overlay", doesnt say whether it should contain only changes which will be merged with existing recipe or if the overlay will replace original recipe.

You are confirming that the problem is what is written in the documentation.

Community users are not able to edit it, PTC support is.

So you have to ask them to do it.

Marco

Hi @khimani_mohiki,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags