cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to enable MPMLink explorers in actions menu in Windchill 11.1?

sa-5
5-Regular Member

How to enable MPMLink explorers in actions menu in Windchill 11.1?

Hi All,

I am unable to find MPMLink explorers in actions menu in Windchill 11.1 M010. I could enable PSE from preference but not finding enabling preference for MPMLink explorers like MPSE and resource explorer. "Manufacturing Associative Part Structure Browser" is available in actions but not explorers. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mfadel
12-Amethyst
(To:sa-5)

Hi ,

in the 11.1 M010 and later , the only exploerer available are the Product Structure Explorer and The SIM Explorer (Serive Product Structure Explorer ) 

For the MPM objects all utilities had been changed to use HTML , excpet the Gantt Explorer that is is still using Java applets .

Regarding the help center I agree with you that some page are still mentioning MPM explorers, that had been removed from the software .

Please open a TS call for that an an engineer will submit a documentation SPR in order to correct the help 

BR,

Fadel 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mfadel
12-Amethyst

Hi ,

MPM Applets have been removed from Widnchill 11.1 and replaced by HTML browsers , I have created an Article for this topic in the past see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS284763 

The below explorer are already removed in 11.1 M010 

• Process Plan Explorer :
  • Resource Explorer
  • MPSE

I hope this helps .

Fadel 

sa-5
5-Regular Member
(To:mfadel)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the update. But PTC help documents are still referring to Explorers for "Association of Plants" and other resource or MPM related topics. Can you guide if there are any updated help documents which could explain all topics and steps with the perspective of "Manufacturing Associative Part Structure Browser" ?

Thanks.

mfadel
12-Amethyst

Hi ,

in the 11.1 M010 and later , the only exploerer available are the Product Structure Explorer and The SIM Explorer (Serive Product Structure Explorer ) 

For the MPM objects all utilities had been changed to use HTML , excpet the Gantt Explorer that is is still using Java applets .

Regarding the help center I agree with you that some page are still mentioning MPM explorers, that had been removed from the software .

Please open a TS call for that an an engineer will submit a documentation SPR in order to correct the help 

BR,

Fadel 

The link you posted is wrong because has a space at the end.

This is the right link https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS284763

Marco
Top Tags