cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Impossible 'Delete' scenario?

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Impossible 'Delete' scenario?

I have been asked to delete version 5.1 of 3527000.  It has one instance, 3527009 1.8.   Given the 3 delete options,  it seems impossible.

_delete.JPG

1. Deletes all iterations of the given rev.  Problem is it cant delete the last iteration-total deletion of part-( the instance is rev 1, it would be the last)
  2. B.  deletes all revs and iterations – wipes everything  we don’t want that
  3.   Delete just the last iteration, but seems how its 5.1, it would be deleting the last REV.  This option  doesn’t allow the last iteration of a rev to be deleted.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:msteffke)

Can you either change the dependents to none or exclude the instance from the selection?  If so, then option 'A' seems like the one you want since REV 5 needs to go away completely.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Just for clarification, can you show the history of both the generic and the instance?

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

_del2.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Can you either change the dependents to none or exclude the instance from the selection?  If so, then option 'A' seems like the one you want since REV 5 needs to go away completely.

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

That was it Tom, exclude it from the table.   Thanks!   I never could get the instance out of the table, and I wrongly remained focused on that. 

Top Tags