cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

My Windchill data wasn't send to vault

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

My Windchill data wasn't send to vault

Hi, I'm SeonHo

I want to write a retention rule and send Windchill's data to the Vault.
I maked new rules through ptc e support site/help
WTObject was sent to the Vault in every lifecycle state
However, did not send it to the Vault when I check in.

My question is two.
For check in & upload via Creo or other 3D CAD, is the file moved to the Vault only?

If i set wt.fv.useVaultsForAllContent to true, the data in Windchill is also moved to the repository?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:CHASEONHO)

Hi SeonHo

Here are the answer to the questions :

For check in & upload via Creo or other 3D CAD, is the file moved to the Vault only?

> Yes, check in from Creo Parametric or CAD tools goes to vault, if the vaults have been configured. If vaults are not configured with Windchill then data are stored into Database.
If i set wt.fv.useVaultsForAllContent to true, the data in Windchill is also moved to the repository?

> Here's the description of property wt.fv.useVaultsForAllContent :

• All uploaded content with no vaulting rules associated with it will move to the default system vault
  • Multiple vaults are allowed under this configuration
    • Other vaults will receive content based on any vaulting rules that cover the uploaded data
  • Vaulting rules are honored
  • Uploaded content will first go to the default cache vault and then copied to the correct master vault after the Cache Vault Synchronizer runs on all sites.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:CHASEONHO)

Hi SeonHo

Here are the answer to the questions :

> Yes, check in from Creo Parametric or CAD tools goes to vault, if the vaults have been configured. If vaults are not configured with Windchill then data are stored into Database.

> Here's the description of property wt.fv.useVaultsForAllContent :

• All uploaded content with no vaulting rules associated with it will move to the default system vault
  • Multiple vaults are allowed under this configuration
    • Other vaults will receive content based on any vaulting rules that cover the uploaded data
  • Vaulting rules are honored
  • Uploaded content will first go to the default cache vault and then copied to the correct master vault after the Cache Vault Synchronizer runs on all sites.

Thanks for your reply 

it was good information for me

really thanks you arshad

Top Tags