cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

NX and WGM "freezing" after undock/redock

Dave_K
6-Contributor

NX and WGM "freezing" after undock/redock

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: User undocks laptop while running NX and WGM for meeting, then redocks and NX/WGM is frozen and needs to be restarted

Description:

NX 2206 and WGM 12.1

From the user, "Still having an issue when most times when i dock/un-dock for meetings i come back and my NX model is frozen. It allows me to switch between part windows but cant rotate or zoom or use any tools. Requires a WGM/NX reboot to fix."

We just moved this group to using Windchill a few months ago, and the issue was never reported prior, so I suspect WGM may be trying to do something during the un-docked period, that is causing the lockup?  Meetings are all within the building, so the user would be going from a plugged in ethernet cable, to wifi, and back.

This may, or may not be related to the random freezing, when WGM decides to do 'something', and renders NX totally non-responsive for some period (a few seconds to half an hour or more).  This sounds similar to the issue another reported on here, using Catia.

NX 2206 (production) NX 2306 (testing)
Windchill WGM 12.1 and 13.0.2
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags