cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New Rehost Utility 11 and "Failed to validate db connection" (Article - CS105800)

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

New Rehost Utility 11 and "Failed to validate db connection" (Article - CS105800)

Just wondering if anyone has run into this particular issue with Pro-Intralink 11 or Windchill 11. The test option to run without changes completes successfully.  I am using the Oracle that comes with Pro-Intralink 11. For whatever reason, when run in change mode, it sets the new target name.....

[DBValidator] target.db.hostname=NEW-TARGET-NAME.domain.com
[DBValidator] target.db.jdbc.database=
[DBValidator] target.db.password=xxxxx
[DBValidator] target.db.port=1521
[DBValidator] target.db.serviceName=wind
[DBValidator] target.db.url=
[DBValidator] target.db.username=xxxxx
[DBValidator] target.db.vendor=oracle
[DBValidator] Connecting to jdbc:oracle:thin:@NEW-TARGET-NAME.domain.com:1521:wind
[DBValidator] com.ptc.wc.rehost.exception.RehostException: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

.........then cannot establish a connection to the new target name.  Of course the listener and tnsnames file still have the old name. That "target.db.url" is specifically for connecting to the Oracle Pluggable Database, according to the new utility's documentation.

PTC support got it working in a totally screwy way, but it is not stable.  I am getting back to them for more info.  I was just wondering if anyone has used the NEW Rehost 11 version successfully, or has any experiences, for a rename in place with this new tool where all the components (DB, ldap, etc.) were local.  Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags