cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Part type parent to child structure rules

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Part type parent to child structure rules

Does anyone know or have any examples of how I can control which Part sub-types are allowed to be structured as Children of other Part subtypes. I want to introduce a number of Part sub-types to control product structure and make configuration through option & variants easier, however to eliminate the possibility of the structures being created incorrectly or the wrong types of items being structred at the wrong levels I want to put some rules in place to allow or disallow certin sub-types from being children of other sub-types.

eg a "component" part type can only be a child of a "sub-module" part type and a "sub-module" part type can only be a child of a "module" and so on until we reach the top of the structure. All these different levels would have their own naming and numbering conventions, so these could be used for rules if there is no simple way to do it by sub-type parent to child relationships?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags