cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Product Roles allowed to edit plan and Team but not Product Manager and not Set State

agarr
8-Gravel

Product Roles allowed to edit plan and Team but not Product Manager and not Set State

I would like to know if there is some ability like an ACL (hopefully OOTB) that I can have users as a different role than Product Manager but still be able to add or adjust tasks in the plan, and adjust Team members as necessary, but not full access such as is granted with Product Manager. I specifically want to avoid the Set State option for roles, but it is granted as full under Product Manager. Any ideas? 

11 REPLIES 11
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:agarr)

In any given Product / Library, one can change the Manager Role's permission from "All" to selected permissions.

Alternative: Can create an additional context Team Role and assign user(s) to that Role. Assign to the Role.

For either the Manager or new Role, specifically assign Set State, etc.  Have to either choose WTObject or specific object types to set state on.  There are multiple "Team" objects - have to ensure that you have an ACL against the correct one.

If this works and is useful in all Products / Libaries, you'll need to configure in each manually.  Remember to update the Product / Library templates to include these for future.

Note: Configure actions for roles can also be used. Only downside on this is that there is no real way to see what you've changed vs. the OTB condition but worth looking at closely instead of above.

Thank you for the direction-

I tried adding an ACL for the participant that matches the role that I wanted to assign

agarr_0-1649177392710.png

but when testing it doesn't allow the user to Add or remove tasks

agarr_1-1649177445858.png

Is there another ACL that needs to be added for Task management? I don't see a type that would match that from my understanding.

could it be, that the user is part of a profile, which has the edit plan action not enabled?

@BjoernRueegg Where do I go to validate that option? Or where is that setting made?

@agarr  Go to Organization -> Profiles

If you don't know which profile the user has, go to the Participant Administration and check which profile is has attached.

rhart
14-Alexandrite

You can allow a Project role to edit the team (add/remove project team members)

configure actions for roles.png

We created a 'PLM Team Manager' role who has 'Modify Team' permission and added that role to the Project/Product/Library templates

agarr
8-Gravel
(To:rhart)

Yes Modify team is an option. My issue is that I can't see an Access Control or Configure Roles for adding, or continuing tasks in the Product Plan that uses the same set of roles. So for now we are using Product Manager to be able to but that allows a user set state among other options that I don't want to allow.
rhart
14-Alexandrite

Use orgadmin login

agarr
8-Gravel

Maybe I don't understand the response. I am the Orgadmin, but that doesn't change how to setup an Access control policy that allows Plan Task changes but not Product Manager.
rhart
14-Alexandrite

Oh ok, I read the subject of this post "Product Roles allowed to edit plan and Team ,,,," and I thought you also wanted to know how to give a user permission to edit the team without adding them to the Product Manager role.

If you're just looking for the action which allows you to edit the plan, that's the Edit Plan action, like @BjoernRueegg said above.

plans.png

agarr
8-Gravel

So these are very new to me. Can I create a new Profile that is assigned to a role from my templated Team page that would have this adjusted? Most of what I am reading about these is that it is licensing profiles predominantly. 

Top Tags