cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Publishing STEP as a single body

N-Pyn
13-Aquamarine

Publishing STEP as a single body

A customer would like to configure the publishing of STEP files so that the resulting file would not show any item structure, only the geometry as a single body.

I couldn't find anything about changing settings for STEP conversions done by the CAD Worker in Windchill Visualization Services Guide.

Can anyone point me to the right direction if this is even possible?

2 REPLIES 2
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:N-Pyn)

The request is two-fold:

• Publishing
  • Exporting to STEP

A CAD Worker is Creo Parametric batch processed. Consequently a functionality that Creo can perform is likely with a CAD worker.

General CAD has it that exporting to none-PTC file format (this include STEP) wipes out feature / construction history. That applies for any CAD and STEP file standard offers to save assemblies as one part since its inception. So when exporting to STEP all construction information is lost. 

The wording is "dead geometry".

Consequently you can use Creo Parametric and set the export to save to STEP assemblies as part with this option:

remy_0-1651822202693.png

Try out all options that apply and there you have it: your CAD worker export configuration.

This options are saved in the export profile that your CAD worker will need to summon then.

N-Pyn
13-Aquamarine
(To:remy)

Hi remy and thanks for your reply.

Can you give me more detailed information about how to configure the CAD Worker STEP export? Or a document which covers CAD Worker configuring.

Top Tags