cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Publishing a CREO Parametric drawing to PDF format, font changes.

bkontham
11-Garnet

Publishing a CREO Parametric drawing to PDF format, font changes.

Hi All,

The font style is changed on PDF's after Publishing. It is shifting some of the text out of position and off the page.

CAD Document Screenshot

CAD.png

PDF Screenshot

PDF.png

I had updated the Recipe Editor settings "Font Control" to "Stroked, searchable text" or "Stroked, no searchable text" but it's not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It isn't shifting the text. It is using a font where the room left for a "SPACE" is larger than the original font.

Make sure all the fonts you have in the drawing are available to the Publisher.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:bkontham)

I had updated the Recipe Editor settings "Font Control" to "Stroked, searchable text" or "Stroked, no searchable text" but it's not working.

You fail to mention what version of Windchill, CreoView Adapters, and Creo Parametric you are using and if this PDF is created by PostPublishing or if it is the "main" viewable. However take a look at the Creo Parametric config.pro options:

• intf2d_out_stroke_text
  • pdf_use_pentable
  • pen_table_file

Hi Jones,

I am using Windchill 10.2 M020, Creo View Adapters 3.0 M020 and Creo Parametric 3.0 M040. It's the main viewable.

Thanks,

Bhagirath

Have you checked the fonts installed on the server yet? The publisher can't use or embed or stroke a font it cannot find.

Hi David,

Can you provide some insight on how to install this fonts or verify if they are installed.

Thanks,

Bhagirath

Got it. I see installed fonts in Control Panel -> Appearance -> Fonts.

Do I need to make sure the font I am using in CAD Documents is installed on sever?

I expect so - the font definitions are not embedded in the Creo drawings. The missing fonts look interesting as seen on the Creo side, but not all the fonts are changed in the Publishing side. There are not a lot of options for breaking some fonts, but having access to only some of them makes it look like they are broken.

It isn't shifting the text. It is using a font where the room left for a "SPACE" is larger than the original font.

Make sure all the fonts you have in the drawing are available to the Publisher.

Designers are using the Custom fonts which are not available on CAD Worker machine. It's working now when I copied the font to Creo default fonts directory.

Thanks much for your suggestions David.

Try with below configuration in PDF export settings. Do exactly per below two images and I think you are done. You can set higher resolution for bigger drawing but it will increase file size.

Thanks,

Jitu Thakor

Top Tags