cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Re : [External] Windchill vs competition: Cloud options

cc-2
6-Contributor

Re : [External] Windchill vs competition: Cloud options

thanks for the info. I believe PTC already had offer on the cloud with their PLM On Demand but now they made it clear that they go on the cloud. I would say that it is a good news. This will be a direct competitor to PLM 360.
I visited the links given but it is unclear if all the Windchill product family (MPMLink, Quality, Supplier Management, the vaults of pdmlink etc....) will all go on the cloud or if they do like autodesk ie only the processes the files remain in their pdm called vault and on the customer server. This said, autodesk plan to integrate their pdm into the vault. They already have a cad software on the cloud (fusion 360) and a configurator (configurator 360). It is clear that they will soon provide an entire solution on the cloud.

I wonder if ptc is planning for the same. But plm cloud is already a very good start.

Thx

Le Vendredi 13 février 2015 17h59, Jim Taylor <-> a écrit :

Note also PTC has a cloud services offering that can run on their servers, or on Amazon AWS cloud servers. We are looking into this at my current employers.
I like the comment about running an app in browser. If you can run a photoshop like app in a browser (see
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags