cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Re: Windchill 11.1 licenses

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Re: Windchill 11.1 licenses

As per your original post. 

TomU: "If Windchill is installed from scratch, it will have a different Host-ID, and then a new license file will have to be generated from the support website"

I have one Windchill system with a license file running. I am getting ready to put a second one online. Do I just request a new license file for the new Windchill system? This new system is not on the internet and the license file must be loaded directly. I will have a third Windchill system to request a license for later in the month.

I do keep them all separated when they get downloaded. What happens if I need to regenerate a license? Will I need to generate 3 new files for each system? I am guessing that I cannot use 1 file for all  3 systems as they have different license IDs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

If they are all separate installs and will not be eventually overwritten during the rehosting process, then each one will have it's own separate license file.  Once a license file is installed, there is no need to update it unless it expires or you make changes to what licenses you own and want to update the server to reflect those changes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

If they are all separate installs and will not be eventually overwritten during the rehosting process, then each one will have it's own separate license file.  Once a license file is installed, there is no need to update it unless it expires or you make changes to what licenses you own and want to update the server to reflect those changes.

Top Tags