cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Rehosting from test to production

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Rehosting from test to production

I have a backwards question about rehosting to the production server. Our company had a production server setup and a cloned development server. When they began prdocuing and building the database, they did all of it on the development server. It has only been in use for about a year's worth of data, and the data has been going to the localhost of the development server.

We have been going back and forth on rehosting, because it doesn't seem like a true rehost. The production server, LDAP and PE are already setup and waiting to go. They have the predefined setups for our company, minus any changes made within the last year, which would only be changes that could be made through the browser (i.e. I don't believe any windchill properties were changed).

Our initial thought was to just manually replace the ldap data, and any configurations (added object rules, lifecycles, etc.) to the production, and use the rehost guide instructions to move the db. Does this seem reasonable, or would there be a better course of action? And, would I be missing anything crucial to the site working properly?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags