cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Relex 2011 - Browsing Library with Wrong Label?

ptc-2858085
1-Newbie

Relex 2011 - Browsing Library with Wrong Label?

I'm currently working in the Relex 2011 software, and I've noticed something that seems off. Under the "Reliability Predictions" module, if I go to Predictions>Browse_Libraries and find a part, lets say in the EPRD, to look at its Prediction Data. For this demonstration, I'm going to look at EPRD-4275, which is a Diode>Rectifier.

Now before going down into the "Preview" window, I notice that in the "Results" window I'm given information for Part Number, Category, Subcategory, and Failure Rate (FPMH). The last column is what confuses me... that it is in FPMH [Failures Per Million Hours].

If I look down to the "Preview" window now, I see the Prediction Data. Particularly, I can see the data input to generate this failure rate. In this instance (EPRD-4275) I see data input for 20 Failures in 3395.0357 Hours. Quick math gives (20 Fails / 3395.0357 Hrs) = 0.0059 Fails/Hr. This is what is listed as Failure Rate. BUT, this is the same number up above in the "Results" window as well which labels the Failure Rate with the units of Fails/10^6 Hrs.

This leads me to believe that the label for Failure Rate under the "Results" window is incorrect, and shouldn't say FPMH. If it were to actually be in FPMH, I'd expect the number to say 5900 FPMH. Can anyone validate or oppose my argument?

NOTE: I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

1 REPLY 1

Hello David,

I discussed this with our R&D team. The label of 'Failure Rate (FPMH)' is correct. However, the confusing bit is that the 3395.035700 is actually millions of hours.

Ryan

Top Tags