cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Renaming a Windchill Group

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Renaming a Windchill Group

Has anyone renamed a group in Windchill?  I would like to rename one group but would like to know if someone else has and if they ran into any problems.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, editing the group name from participant administration is same as renaming it from org > groups. Just another way of navigating to what you are looking for. We renamed a bunch of groups 6 months back  and no issues reported so far with ACLs or Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I have renamed group many times and never faced a problem. Just to be clear, I renamed it from our Organization > Groups. Never tried renaming it directly from Windchill DS.

So renaming it in the Participant Administration area is ok.

I have the group in a policy for rights and also in the Team area of a Library Context.

Yes, editing the group name from participant administration is same as renaming it from org > groups. Just another way of navigating to what you are looking for. We renamed a bunch of groups 6 months back  and no issues reported so far with ACLs or Team

Can we rename group using load files?

If yes, please share  sample loaders.

Announcements

Top Tags