cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Reoccurring Corrupt Cache?

ptc-3006345
1-Newbie

Reoccurring Corrupt Cache?

About half our users Creo2 M020 w/ Windchill 10.1 M020 cache keeps corrupting for no reason. Has anyone had this as a reoccurring issue.

On load Creo freezes with a double login window or an error that CreoParametric was not closed properly and is unable to recover.

With Windchill offline they don't have a problem.
Take care,

JEREMY HANDLER
Mechanical Engineer
1+760-591-7318
[Description: Grren] Consider the environment. Consider the impacts.

6 REPLIES 6

Are you running the Mozilla browser for your embedded browser? ie_in_sep_process?

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.310.8168
website www.daktronics.com

This is the stuff we'll need to diagnose Jeremy. Any sort of additional configuration can and will affect this stuff. The option below is a good place to start. The embedded mozilla has slowly become a worse option and IE 9 has become the better of the two by far.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDC70A.42677810]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

We will switch away from Mozilla. Our issue before was java script errors with IE.

Seems like there is also a cache issue?

Take care,
Jeremy

I don't really see the Java Script Errors anymore with IE9 and Java 1.6_30+ when using WC10.X.

Used to see them A LOT but not so much anymore. That being said, everyone's IE install/security is vastly different so it could still be an issue.

Now that you have completely switch, are you still getting the Cache issues and lockups??

[cid:image001.gif@01CDC72A.8BF05630]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Thanks for your help on this.

We have switched to ie_in_sep_process, and need to test on a machine that is locked up.
Where is the browser cache located?

Take care,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, if you are on a Windows 7 box, go to C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData.

Here you will see three folders:

Local
LocalLow
Roaming

1- Local has a single PTC Folder in it. This is one place you can remove though I'm not sure exactly what it does.

2- LocalLow doesn't usually have a PTC folder in it

3- Roaming has most everything in it for PTC.

a. Open the PTC folder and you will see something like below.

b. The Creo folder stores some Browser information for Creo

i. Particularly the connection to the server

ii. This can be cleared out

c. The ProEngineer folder typically just stores your WGM cache buried in there

i. You can remove this but you need to upload any data first

ii. I don't know what the WTMsoiHost folder is for.

4- [cid:image004.png@01CDC745.F2125150]

Also note that I think if you are using IE that it will simply use your Temporary Internet files as your general browser cache. Clearing this out isn't a bad thing.

Also, if things are causing issues try going back to a fresh Creo install with no additional configurations. This means stripping out your config.pro, config.win and anything else that isn't OOTB. These things can have side effects and a scientific method of elimination can help determine the cause.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDC745.5F61ACC0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer
Top Tags