cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

SAVE CREO VIEW FILE AS PDF

Sadrok
6-Contributor

SAVE CREO VIEW FILE AS PDF

Is there a way to save a creo view file as a PDF? I have to send it via email to someone who does not have Creo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cgorni
16-Pearl
(To:Sadrok)

To close this community thread on saving Creo View file as PDF

Summary and list of references:

• You can export 2D drawing format using the File > Save Current View As > Save As 2D Vector option and choosing the PDF format in the Type drop down, see article CS230344
  • To export multiple views or other formats (like images or 3D ones) you could use File > Print > Print Multiple Items or Print commands and point to a PDF printer, see article CS196137
  • For opening and saving back PDF representations a compatible Adobe software will be needed, see article CS25340

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You can use the Print function in CreoView to print to Adobe PDF, if you have it or another PDF 'printer' installed.

You can open the file in Creo and Print to PDF.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

The only way I know how to do something like that is to get a problem like PDF reDirect installed on your computer.  Then in Creo View you can use File > Print (or Print Preview) and change the printer to the PDF reDirect.

byork
17-Peridot

You can save a 3d PDF from Creo parametric if you want though.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:byork)

They said a creo view file so that leads me to believe the user doesn't have Creo.

Sadrok
6-Contributor

I should have worded it differently, I have Creo 3, I was asking if there was a way to save as a PDF from Creo View because sometimes I need to send a copy and I don't want to add it to a workspace just to open it and save as "quick PDF."

cgorni
16-Pearl

To close this community thread on saving Creo View file as PDF

Summary and list of references:

• You can export 2D drawing format using the File > Save Current View As > Save As 2D Vector option and choosing the PDF format in the Type drop down, see article CS230344
  • To export multiple views or other formats (like images or 3D ones) you could use File > Print > Print Multiple Items or Print commands and point to a PDF printer, see article CS196137
  • For opening and saving back PDF representations a compatible Adobe software will be needed, see article CS25340
Top Tags