cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Set State

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Set State

Hi Everyone,

My lifecycle state is Concept-Design-Drafting-Rework-Released here current state is Concept-Using Set State option to change into Design, that time i want set up participant to select the person then the task is going to that user. Is it Possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Amir

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

What task do you want ? send information to user that he should do something?

PetrH  

Workflows that execute per state are possible but are not preferred. The model that has emerged over time is a single workflow that starts at the beginning and moves the object through its lifecycle states. See any of the change management workflows which can also act on the objects associated to them. Let's start by look at any workflows of process you have currently.

Thanks for the replayed Mr. Petr & Mr. Avil

Actually what i am asking When ECR/ECN request we have a setup participation option to select which person we want to give this work to select one person in participants lists right. I want the same thing like a Product manager create a structure either CAD or WT that time state is Concept after that product manager using the set state to change into design state that time he can select the participation like the ECN/ECR.

Regards,

Amir

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

The set state does not support that feature it self.

You have several options.

Use promotion request, that start workflow with the participant selection . the promotion request definition can be very simple with direct state change without approving.

or 

you can set lifecycle template to advanced mode and create WF  that will start after state change to specific state

PetrH. 

Top Tags