cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unable to connect to filevault out of the blue

hjcrj
4-Participant

Unable to connect to filevault out of the blue

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M030-CPS03

Received an error "ATTENTION: Unable to download file content for one of the following reasons:" when attempting to download attachments.
PTC support (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS235343) link the error to upgrade. However, we did not perform any upgrade. The error came out of the blue.

Here are the errors that I faced
ATTENTION: Unable to download file content for one of the following reasons:

Nothing was selected.
Selected attachments are not files.
Selected documents do not have primary content files.
You do not have permission to download selected file content.
Selected design is an ECAD Design having multi-primary content.
Select file attachments or documents with file attachments as primary content to which you have permission to download file content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hjcrj
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks for the advise. We manage to trace the root cause to an almost full DB table, which we fixed by adding a new data file.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:hjcrj)

I would focus on permission issues which you should be able to see in the method server log or something with your vaults. Make sure they are operating and populating fine. You run a verification job on the vaults to verify content.

hjcrj
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks for the advise. We manage to trace the root cause to an almost full DB table, which we fixed by adding a new data file.

RFS
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

We just had the same issue this morning.  No changes to Windchill in the last few months.  Permission issues not relevant as this happens for admins as well.  Vaults appear to be operating fine.  Can I get more information on this DB table fix?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:RFS)

Have you DBA look at the Tablespaces to see if they are full. Look for storage issues where the DB files are stored (out of space?). You might see DB error messages in your log files if its having problems extended. You said the are operating fine. Are new files still being written to vaults?

hjcrj
4-Participant
(To:RFS)

hjcrj_0-1712191296232.png

I think we did something like the above. However, unable to verify as we've switch from Oracle to SQL.

rleir
17-Peridot

Look at the possibility that the Windchill/tmp/ directory is in a full partition. It can contain large aaa.expimp files, and they don't seem to get cleaned up after they are no longer in use.

We started by using a symbolic link so this tmp directory could be in another partition separate from the partition Windchill was in (not the Linux /tmp directory, we created a tmp directory under /home). That was an improvement because Windchill itself did not lock up due to a full partition. However the large downloads still could lock up due to the partition being full.

Now we use a cron script which checks daily, and deletes old .expimp files.

@avillanueva @RFS 

Top Tags