cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Upgrade to Windchill 12.1.2 from 11 M030 : WindchillDS or OpenDJ ?

dnpermadhy-2
11-Garnet

Upgrade to Windchill 12.1.2 from 11 M030 : WindchillDS or OpenDJ ?

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Hi All, Currently I doing in upgrade from Windchill 11 M030 to Windchill 12.1.2.

Description:

The question  : Should I migrate data WindchillDS from source system (Windchill 11.0 M030) to target system (Windchill 12.1.2) as upgrade prosess? before OR after upgrade ? how to migrate it?

What's step if I will to continue with WindchillDS? either or OpenDJ?

Any suggestions for this step?

Thank you so much !

regards

==deddy==

3 REPLIES 3

So WindchillDS is no longer offered but it is identical to OpenDJ. The process in previous upgrades is the same. You export your LDAP from the source system and import it to the target system when you take your final snapshots and exports. You are free to use any LDAP V3 compliant system you want but I found it familiar to I kept using it. 

rhart
15-Moonstone
(To:dnpermadhy-2)

I continued to use DS 11.2 up until Windchill 12.0, then at Windchill 12.1 chose to migrate to OpenDJ. These were the steps in my case:

-----openDJ
unzip and installs in the ptc folder
setup.bat
install with defaults, empty db
CN=Directory Manager (need to change user name in IEConf and HTTPServer app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml, site.xconf handled by upgrademanager)
create new DN o=mycompany, new backend userRoot (import separately)

backup source db
delete the config branch, not used by Windchill anymore
delete enterprise ldap
delete groups (all in Windchill now)
rebuild index
export ldif file

Import to openDJ and ignore items which don't match schema (untick reject)

Pros and cons:
Differences between JDK required by Windchill and the one Windchill DS 11.2 needs
Bug fixes and security updates
Support
Announcements

Top Tags