cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Uploading *.stk files for hose stock to Windchill 12.0.x

AW_ME
6-Contributor

Uploading *.stk files for hose stock to Windchill 12.0.x

I'm likely missing something here, but cannot seem to figure out how to upload .stk files created using the piping application within windchill. I'd like to standardize our hose stock files for use in creation and routing of hydraulic hoses and windchill seems to the best place to store these. 

I've tried to manually import to a new workspace to check-in (similar to .mtl files import/check-in) , but the in-creo windchill workspace import doesn't show .stk file extensions, 

I can create a document and attach the line stock there, but the piping application will not find the *.stk that is content of the respective document. 

Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:AW_ME)

You have to add the extension to your config.pro to be able to import additional file types into the workspace. Once they are in Windchill, "Add to Workspace" works. 

CS48213 goes over this specifically for (among other file extensions) .stk file types. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dobi
14-Alexandrite

You ought to be able to put .stk files into the workspace and have them in Windchill. These should be non-CAD (WTDocument type). 

Have you tried putting them in Commonspace first? Once they are there, you can add them to the workspace.

AW_ME
6-Contributor
(To:Dobi)

The problem is there is no way to add .stk files to the workspace, at least that I am aware of.

They are not shown using the 'import to workspace' dialog, nor are the .stk files added to the workspace when assigned as a line stock to an assembly in the piping application. 

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

You have to add the extension to your config.pro to be able to import additional file types into the workspace. Once they are in Windchill, "Add to Workspace" works. 

CS48213 goes over this specifically for (among other file extensions) .stk file types. 

AW_ME
6-Contributor
(To:Dobi)

Thanks! This did it. I figured I was missing something. Should have known it was a config.pro option. 

Top Tags