cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

WC 10.1 install issue on VM image.

ptc-5052152
1-Newbie

WC 10.1 install issue on VM image.

I am havig an issue installing WC 10.1 on a VM on my laptop. The following error message shows up in the install log when trying to load schema information:

INFO  2013-06-13 20:05:45 - Loader command: C:\ptc\Windchill_Apps\Windchill\bin\windchill.exe --java=C:\ptc\Windchill_Apps\Java\bin\java.exe --javaargs=-Dwt.load.installer.serverManagerTimeout=300 wt.load.WindchillLoader -All -Unattended -AbortOnError -Locale=en -User=wcadmin -Password=<proper_password_here>

This loader command fails to execute.

When I try logging into Windchill, I get a Server 500 error the following cause:

Caused by: (wt.session.sessionResource/2) wt.org.UserNotFoundException: User not found: unknown web name: "wcadmin".

With that information, my concern is that this is a VM on my laptop with no real IP or domain. I am suspecting that I have set up the domain information durning the install incorrectly. For the domain information, I used <my_machine_name>.localdomain and added to the host file an entry for 127.0.0.1 <my_machine_name>.localdomain. But it would seem that the WindchillDS LDAP is not correct.

So my question is, how do you handle domain information and WindchillDS when installing on a stand alone VM image on a laptop?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags