cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

What's the purpose of Schematic in a PartsLink node?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

What's the purpose of Schematic in a PartsLink node?

Help documentation is poor and I could not find anything in knowledge base that's current. Seems like a simple question but I cannot figure out its purpose. "If available, upload a file containing schematics for the node class." this is not very useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Functionally, the schematic is simply a file that can be uploaded and downloaded.  It can be any file type, Word doc, image file, whatever. As for how useful this is? Who knows?

So, the way I understand it is Image is limited in file type and size but it does offer a preview.

Schematic is NOT limited in file type nor size and it can be downloaded but it does NOT offer a preview.

Timing is good as I was recently working on a classification project.  325 nodes and lots of node attributes.

Implementation is fully automated including creating the required Reusable Attributes.  If customer wants we can automate the upload of images (or schematics) too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Functionally, the schematic is simply a file that can be uploaded and downloaded.  It can be any file type, Word doc, image file, whatever. As for how useful this is? Who knows?

So, the way I understand it is Image is limited in file type and size but it does offer a preview.

Schematic is NOT limited in file type nor size and it can be downloaded but it does NOT offer a preview.

Timing is good as I was recently working on a classification project.  325 nodes and lots of node attributes.

Implementation is fully automated including creating the required Reusable Attributes.  If customer wants we can automate the upload of images (or schematics) too.

Top Tags