cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

When I open something through windchill EPM Document Details opens with another browser

MS_Santos
14-Alexandrite

When I open something through windchill EPM Document Details opens with another browser

When I go to open something by windchill EPM Document Details opens with another browser not by Microsoft Edge how to solve this , it is opening by chrome , was already windows I put to leave default Microsoft Edge but even opens by chrome

7 REPLIES 7

Hello ,

Still having the same problem

Hi @MS_Santos,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

MS_Santos
14-Alexandrite
(To:anursingh)

Hello,

Now I can't open anything

MS_Santos
14-Alexandrite
(To:anursingh)

Hello ,

I haven't been able to solve this problem yet

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:MS_Santos)

I took a look at the help and this is little information on this but seems pretty straight forward that the published content has a URL that points back to Windchill objects details page. My assumption is that it would trigger your default browser since there is not a setting to specify which one. Note that when Creo View launches from a browser, its not running inside that browser, but independent, so it does not know which browser triggered it any longer. It is an independent application authenticating back to Windchill.  

So when this URL is invoked to open Windchill details, it should just be passing that to Windows and letting it call which ever browser is default. I see that you tried changing your default browser and it did not work. Do others in your group see the same issue? If it is related to Creo View, perhaps reinstall? Long shot there.

MS_Santos
14-Alexandrite
(To:avillanueva)

Hello ,

Only user has this error , I will try to remove Creo View to see if it works now

Announcements

Top Tags