cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Which type is most suitable for the verification process of product tests in Windchill?

OnurNalbantgl
12-Amethyst

Which type is most suitable for the verification process of product tests in Windchill?

Hello,

Friends, we want to set up the testing processes of our products within Windchill.

In general, we have a testing process consisting of 8 steps and we check the success and failure statuses.

But the important thing is that we also want to keep the versions of the tests here.

I can't decide which type to use here. Which one do you think is the most suitable? Have you encountered it before?

2 REPLIES 2

For the test document itself, that's a WTDocument. Its version controlled so you keep track of the test versions easily.  But, it sounds like you want to also capture the execution of those tests as well. You also have to keep track of the Product and the test which can be done by linking the Test document to the product using a WTPartDescribeBy Link which links to a specific version of a WTDocument. 

It sound like you want to capture the test execution as well. This can be done with a workflow but I would caution trying to make Windchill operate like a MES system. You might want to look at a dedicated system that can execute and store results of testing per instance.

Yes, we plan to use Codebeamer for this job, but processes such as installation-adaptation-license seem to take us at least 6 months.

That's why I'm stuck.

I think it would make sense to derive something from the wtpart type because I cannot associate the document type with my CAD documents.

Do you think it would be appropriate to adapt Wtpart?

Top Tags