cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Winchill CPS23 Freezes and Shuts Down On One Computer Tower But Not Labtop

SH_10491394
3-Visitor

Winchill CPS23 Freezes and Shuts Down On One Computer Tower But Not Labtop

Any ideas why Winchill is acting glitchy? It's completely useless at this point.

Normal login using Creo or Solidworks, Winchill loads up, Ping ID recognizes server, my organization page loads up as normal.....THEN

Clicking almost any button causes the program to freeze and shut down.

This is happening on a fresh installation on my desktop. My labtop is operating from the same network and has no issues.

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SH_10491394)

The version of Windchill would help?

Can you access the Windchill data from: 1) The Windchill server; 2) your laptop; and 3) The workstation in question?

If you can access Windchill, then it may be the WGM of the CAD system that is acting up.

Have you rebooted the workstation that is giving issues?

Hey Ben,

Still having problems unfortunately.

I can access Windchill online on either computer and the standalone program works fine on the labtop too.  Loading my workspace seems to be the problem when using the standalone program on my desktop. Loading the workspace on the desktop will cause the program to freeze and shutdown. 

I have rebooted and reinstalled Windchill. I have yet to reinstall Solidworks. 

Perhaps try to gather debug logging information. See this:

How to enable debug Windchill CAD Interaction client logging in Creo Parametric, Windchill Workgroup Manager and Abortext Editor 

Let us know what you find.

Would also be interesting to know of there are problems with other websites that have nothing to do with Windchill - on that computer.

Just read again more carefully. 

- Possibly it's that workspace which is corrupt on disk. Can you access that workspace from a standalone browser?

- Can you activate another workspace / create a new workspace on that computer?

Top Tags